Re: Troubles with Windows versions

Le vendredi 23/07/10 à 13h11,
Hib Eris <hib hiberis nl> a écrit :

> All the problems you refer to are caused by the msi installer, so
> there is no need to skip ahead to version 2.31.5. When properly
> packaged, the 2.30.3 version could work fine.

OK: I just hoped to get by the way a newer version ;)

> Unfortunately, packaging it properly into an msi installer is more
> difficult then I thought. I really appreciate that you report the
> problems you note with the 2.30.3 version and I will try to fix those
> when time permits.

Many thanks!

> There are just to many Windows versions that all work slightly
> different. To make it work for both administrators and non
> administrators there seems to be no easy solution.

I can understand. As I reported, installing as a non administrator
needs to manually type the whole tricky path of the evince.exe in LaTeX
editor's configuration forms.

> As for an .exe installer, I think it would take me more time to get
> that working than to fix the msi installer.

OK: let's go for the .msi installer :)

> But if you think you can make it work yourself, I do not object at
> all to you making an exe installer.

Unfortunately, I don't anything about packaging and I only have a very
little experience of Windows. I'd like to help you, but I couldn't in
this area...

Thanks again.

Cheers.
--