Re: a question about the list itself

On 07/17/2010 01:26 PM, Wouter Bolsterlee wrote:
Op zondag 27-06-2010 om 20:59 uur [tijdzone +0200], schreef Pablo
Rodríguez:
Would it be possible that all messages received from the list would
include a subject prefix such as [evince-list]?

Most Gnome lists do not do this. However, you can use the List-Id header
to filter yourself.

Thanks for your reply. Wouter.

I'm afraid I can't use the List-ID header since I have to filter visually (there is no other way to do this) and this is something not visible when seeing the message list.

Similar to a filtering system like the ones from Hotmail or Yahoo, my email provider has a filtering system with three folders: allowed senders, unknown senders and undesired senders. When a message from a sender not in my white list arrives to my address, it goes to to unknown folder or it might go to the undesired folder. And in those both folders I do also receive real undesired messages.

The only way to visually filter messages on the website, before being able to download the messages using POP3 is to have the subject_prefix enabled in those messages coming from this list.

But it seems that I'm the only one experiencing this issue.

Many thanks anyway,

Pablo