running evince using

I am trying to run evince from inside another program:

  fprintf(stderr, "%s\n", temp);
  if (!g_spawn_command_line_async (temp, &error)) {

This is the output of the fprintf:

/usr/bin/evince  -p 4 '/home/dmg/localLibrary/research/adversarialReviewer.pdf'
Error: Expected the optional content group list, but wasn't able to find it, or it isn't an Array

(evince:7465): EvinceView-CRITICAL **: ev_page_cache_get_current_page: assertion `EV_IS_PAGE_CACHE (page_cache)' failed
Error: Expected the optional content group list, but wasn't able to find it, or it isn't an Array

Notice the assertion failing. The document opens but not in page 3.

But, when I run it from the command line I don't get that, and the
document opens where I expect it:

/usr/bin/evince  -p 4 '/home/dmg/localLibrary/research/adversarialReviewer.pdf'
Error: Expected the optional content group list, but wasn't able to find it, or it isn't an Array

I don't understand why it behaves differently from inside an application
and from the shell. Any ideas?

Daniel M. German
http://turingmachine.org/
http://silvernegative.com/