Windows and PDF files - application/octet-stream is not supported?

Hey

I am not sure where to find info about my problem. Have search on the net and can't really find anything useful. So I hope you understand.

I can't open certain PDF-files under windows while others works just fine. I presume this has something to do how they was created. The message I get is ”File type - (application/octet-stream) is not supported”.  Adobe reader can handle the files without problem. I can send example files if you would like to.

My question is if there is something to do about this? I really would like to use Evince rather then Adobe reader.

Thanks...
// Jim Gunnarsson