Re: Help me in understanding evince code

Excerpts from leena chourey's message of mié abr 07 07:49:51 +0200 2010:
> Hello Javed and all evince developers,
> I am new member of this list and This is in response to javeds' last mail:
>
> I have also started working for evince accessibility with Orca and started
> exploring evince code.
> >
> > Hi all We are working on evince accessibility. Can anyone tell help us in
> this?
> We have a following queries.1) Has anyone worked on this?2) If not, is
> anyone
> working somewhere?3) If yes, how part is achieved?
>

> All above information I also want to know.
>
> > 4) What is the widget where the content of .pdf files are displayed?
> As I have already explored orca with evince and identified with the help of
> accesrciser that widget is "unknown" and its name in "Document view". In the
> evince code new gtkwidget is defined for the document view (if I am
> correct).

libview/ev-view.c

EvView receives an image cairo surface from backends with page
contents, and it just draws such surface into the widget. So I guess
interesting stuff is in the backends, in the case of PDF files pages
are rendered by poppler (http://poppler.freedesktop.org).

--
Carlos Garcia Campos
PGP key: http://pgp.mit.edu:11371/pks/lookup?op=get&search=0x523E6462