Re: links pdf

2009/10/28 Wouter Bolsterlee <wbolster gnome org>:
> Op dinsdag 27-10-2009 om 13:41 uur [tijdzone +0900], schreef Yves
> Maniette:
>> I am making some pdf documents, basically with TeX and dvipdfm(x),
>> that allows to produce something like powerpoint, but with the
>> possibility of having links in the documents, thanks to dvipdfm, and
>> also without headaches.
>>
>>  This works great with foxit,but with evince links do not work.
>
> Do you see any terminal output when you start Evince from there? Does it
> work properly when you use the hyperlink package in combination with
> pdfLaTeX instead of TeX/dvipdfmx? (Why would one want to use DVI anyway
> these days?)

  Wouter,

 Thanks a lot for all the comments.

I have opened Evince in a terminal and no error messages are output there.

ON the other hand, when I pass with the mouse on top of the links the
pointer changes into a small hand, showing that it notices
something.However when clicking nothing happens and if I double click
the text appears in reverse video.

 For various reasons I use TeX not LaTeX, to produce  various
docuemnts poster or presentations, in various languages. dvi is still
infinitely quicker to read an updated text and you dont have to click
on ctrl-R, and dvi compiling time is shorter. Of course it depends if
you have the latest fast machine or not.

Is pdftex able to make links as well?

I can send you a private copy of a file for you to try out if you like.

 Meanwhile I have tried to install  a copy of Foxit reader that now
happens to have a linux version, but it does not work well, while the
windows version is excellent. I wish I knew why. So I have already
erased it, as anyway evince gives good results, provided you are
satisfied with a linear motion.

 Yves