Several rendering problems

Hello guys,

I currently have to use xpdf instead of evince - although I'd like to use the features of the latter - because there are certain problems with its rendering.

1.) Black and White documents are displayed without subpixel calculations/antialiasing which makes them very very hard to read. This should not be the case, or at least an option. If you want an example document, please reply. The only readers I know which do that correctly is Adobe's Reader on windows and - as stated - xpdf.

2.) Rotating documents with Type-1 / Type-2 disables antialiasing on them, too (at least partially) - although it works if not rotated. Again, if you'd like to have an example document, refer to me.

kindly,
MD