Re: How to erase metadata in Evince?

El jue, 03-12-2009 a las 19:02 +0100, Jose Aliste escribió:
> Hi List,
>
> How can I erase the evince metadata associated to a file?
>
> I am hitting an ugly bug that makes evince crash when stressing the
> handle bar controlling the size of the Sidebar. Since the bug is size
> related (and this is saved in metadata, I guess) the next time I try
> to open the file I used to crashed evince, then evince will crash
> again, and so this file can not be seen anymore with evince.

Hi Jose,

Since August or so Evince uses the gvfs metadata framework. I don't know
too much about it -the gvfs metadata software for Evince doesn't work on
my system-, but I think you can manage the metadata info with the family
of gvfs command (on ubuntu/Debian this commands are installed with the
gvfs-bin package)

This link have some info about the use of metadata on Nautilus [1], it
can give you some clues about this stuff.

[1] http://blogs.gnome.org/alexl/2009/06/24/data-about-data/

I hope this helps you from my ignorance :),

   -- Juanjo Marín