PDF Inquiry - Searching

Good day,

I probably shouldn't be asking such a thing as this, but I have exhausted all my resources. I would like to know if you know an algorithm on how to search texts in PDFs? For now, our software uses Oracle's contains function to search the BLOB file. But, take for example the attached image. It's a table with two columns. When I search for the text "9518 9502", the Oracle function returns true. It also wraps around to the next column for "9502 2217", and returns true. What I would like to have is a search that works just the way Adobe Reader does it - it doesn't return true for "9518 9502" or "9502 2217", because there is no "9518(space)9502" in the PDF when it is viewed.

Any idea about how I could go about this, or other contacts I could inquire about this, would be very much appreciated.

Regards,
-mai