Re: Scrapbook copy tool?

В Втр, 07/04/2009 в 19:56 +0300, Juhana Sadeharju пишет:
> [ Sort of re-try here. More justified, I hope. ]
>
> I have used the term "scrapbook copy" but really it is at the moment
> the only copy which works for math texts and for textual images,
> e.g., scanned papers in PDF available from digital libraries such
> as of IEEE. As it is only copy which really works, it should be in
> any reader.
>
> I have used different term because the copy in PDF readers is the
> copy defined in PDF standard: totally different operation working
> on the source code of PDF and restricted by the copy-protection flag
> of the source code. That copy seems to be restricted to text only
> and works poorly because digital libraries have PDFs which use
> characters which does not match, e.g., with Emacs.
>
> We users need a working and intuitive copy, not a half-complete
> engineer-oriented copy of the source code. Scrapbook copy is such
> a tool and has been proven to work for many decades, prior computers
> were invented.
>
> I don't know why engineers have failed to implement a working copy
> by using the source code, but I have waited the fix for as long
> as Acroread has been available. It is highly unlikely they will
> fix it for the years to come. The problem requires an alternative
> solution sooner.
>
> The scrapbook copy can be equipped with OCR tool if user wishes copy
> the text as text, otherwise it works on renderings in non-restricted
> manner. Because OCR technology is not perfect, the source code copy
> and the scrapbook copy are disjoint copy operations, and may live
> together if so is wished.
>
> OK. Do you wish to have the scrapbook copy tool in Evince?
>
> Technically, the scrapbook copy is done by rendering to offscreen
> pixmap with wanted resolution and copying that.
>
> Juhana

Sorry Juhana, I failed to understand what do you propose. What is the
"source code of PDF". What issue do you have with saving a copy?

Description: =?koi8-r?Q?=FC=D4=C1?= =?koi8-r?Q?_=DE=C1=D3=D4=D8?= =?koi8-r?Q?_=D3=CF=CF=C2=DD=C5=CE=C9=D1?= =?koi8-r?Q?_=D0=CF=C4=D0=C9=D3=C1=CE=C1?= =?koi8-r?Q?_=C3=C9=C6=D2=CF=D7=CF=CA?= =?koi8-r?Q?_=D0=CF=C4=D0=C9=D3=D8=C0?=