Re: External viewer request

> Hello,
>
> sorry for this newbie question but I spent some time Googling for an answer to
> no avail.
>
> I'm using Evince to display multimedia presentations and would like to know how
> the coupling with external application works (can be configured).
>
> When embedding OGG videos in PDF files, a \Launch command is included in the
> file preceded by the name of the OGG file. So far so good, but how  is the
> external viewer selected and how does it receive its arguments ? Are they
> customizable, where (I tried using gconf-editor but found no relevant key, I
> configured my preferred multimedia reader with the gnome preferences, but it
> didn't help either).
>
> Any help would be greatly appreciated.
>
> Regards,
>
> Mark

Hi

Currently we are using gio framework to launch default application for
the file I suppose. It can be configured with mime type associations.
You can open property of any file like this in nautilus, say of any ogg
file and select which application should open it by default.

To test how it works without evince, try gnome-open file.ogg form
console, it should choose the default application as well.