Re: Patch: do not persist print pages settings, etc.

On Tue, May 13, 2008 at 4:08 AM, Carlos Garcia Campos
<carlosgc gnome org> wrote:
>  > I've been frustrated a number of times by evince's persisting of page
>  > ranges for printing. That is, if I print pages 1-3 of x.pdf, and then
>  > tomorrow I print y.pdf without checking the dialog box, evince happily
>  > prints pages 1-3 of y.pdf. No sane person could want that!
>
>  Print settings are persistent per document since 2.21.1, what evince
>  version are you using?

2.20.

>  > Please consider the following trivial diff, which prevents the
>  > persisting of page information.
>
>  A lot of people are complaining about the persistent print settings.
>  Some people don't want any print setting to be remembered, others think
>  that only some settings should be remembered, and I don't know what to
>  do, What do you guys think?

It seems to me that Print Pages and Copies should not be persisted;
the default should be to print the whole document once. The other
settings should be persisted, but it doesn't seem to make sense to
persist them per document.

Certainly if you really want to persist the pages and copies settings,
they should be per document.

How does that sound?

pat