Re: Suggested keyboard shortcut

Hi Wouter,

Wouter Bolsterlee wrote:
> 2008-01-06 klockan 07:45 skrev John Pye:
>
>> Just wanted to suggest that a useful keyboard shortcut would be ctrl-I
>> to allow a page number to be entered, in the same way that ctrl-I allows
>> a line number to be entered in gedit. This would be especially useful
>> when looking up things on a series of different specified pages in a
>> document.
>>

> You can use Ctrl-L to jump to the 'location' bar.

Thanks for letting me know.  It would be great if this could be
documented somewhere, preferably in the menus (eg it could be added to
the 'Go' menu) or in the yelp-based help pages.

It would just point out that ctrl-I could possibly be a more natural
shortcut for some users, for example in gedit where 'ctrl-I' takes you
to a specified line. Ctrl-L is used in GtkFileChooser and Firefox to
select a whole different file/URL, so it's standard use is slightly
different (and I didn't think to try it). But in any case, the main
thing is that the shortcut should be 'discoverable' somehow.

Thanks again,

Cheers
JP