Annotations in PDF possible?

Hello,

I would like to be able to annotate PDF documents. I know that acrobat
pro does allows to make annotations and draw lines and so on. It
doesn't do it well, though. To make it more worse, evince doesn't
support to show comments on a PDF which were inserted by acrobat. I
have to use the adobe reader :(

Would it be possible to show such annotations in Evince? And one step
more: would it be possible to even insert such stuff? At beginning it
would be fine if I were able to write some little textblocks and draw
e.g. freehand lines.

I know nothing about the PDF format, so maybe it is simply impossible.
But if it is, it would be a power feature :)

Kind regards, Tanjeff

P.S.: I'm not subscribed on this list. If you want me to read your
answers, include me as CC.