Re: Extract PDF title

2008-12-15 klockan 18:04 skrev Wan Fahmi:
> Is there a way to extract the pdf title in the terminal.
> I need this because I recovered  ton of PDF from a failing drive and I
> need to rename them.

You can use the pdfinfo program (from poppler-utils) for that, e.g.

  pdfinfo somefile.pdf |grep '^Title:' |awk '{print $2}'

Note that not all documents may have a title.

Good luck!

— Wouter

--
:wq                                                       mail uws xs4all nl
                                                      web http://uwstopia.nl

never thought i'd fill with desire                                 — placebo