Pdf files shown at postage-stamp size

Dear Evince People:

I'm just a happy Evince user, new to the list--great app!

Well, OK, I was happy, until I upgraded an F8 box to F9-beta/rawhide a day or two ago. Now evince shows every pdf doc at postage-stamp size, even at 400%. The page is smaller than the thumbnail in the left pane, and about the same size as the Nautilus thumbnail.

Current evince is 2.22.1, but downgrading to 2.20 (also poppler) didn't fix it. I haven't found issues with any other apps. Is this some obscure system setting?

Thanks for any help!

Peter