Re: Evince 2.21 and fonts issue

Carlos Garcia Campos wrote:
> El lun, 10-12-2007 a las 18:22 -0800, Alan Pae escribió:
>> Hi there,
>>
>> I recently compiled up Evince 2.21 on Solaris x86.  As long as the pdf
>> does not contain any type 1 fonts the pdf displays correctly.
>>
>> However, if any type 1 fonts are present the display is garbled.
>
> could you provide a screenshot showing the problem? and, if possible,
> the pdf file?

Where would you like them sent?

>> In the files, properties, fonts it lists several entries
>>
>> Helvetica
>> Type 1C
>> Embedded Subset
>>
>> Palatino-Roman
>> Type 1C
>> Embedded Subset
>>
>> and goes on for about 20 more fonts.
>>
>> What's the fix for this?
>
> what poppler version have you installed? and cairo?

poppler-0.6.2
poppler-data-0.1.1
cairo-1.4.12

In configure you have:

--enable-dvi            Compile with support of dvi viewer
--enable-t1lib          Compile with support of t1lib for type1 fonts in dvi

After running configure I end up:

configure: WARNING: "Dvi support is disabled since kpathsea library is not found. Check your TeX installation."

My real question is how does evince gain Type 1 font support? An if it's dvi, where can I get a tex installation that supports kpathsea?
I googled around a little and really couldn't come up with anything.

thanks!,
alan