Re: printing issues

В Срд, 07/06/2006 в 02:04 +0200, Khiraly пишет:
> Hi!
>
> I have several printing issues with evince:
> The tumble option is not working. (duplex and tumble. My printer
> (kyocera fs-1020d) does not turn the paper at the long edge it turn at
> short edge does not matter if I check tumble option or not).
>
> My printer always turn the page in duplex mode at the short edge. (not
> matters the thumble checkbox)
> File->print->[Mita-FS-1020D]->Settings: configure->Duplex[x], Tumble[x]
>
> My printer works in openoffice.org 2.0.2 (so it can turn the page either
> at short and long edge too).
>
> Evince has this error message:
> ** (evince:4106): WARNING **: IPP request failed with status 1030
> Model not found, discarding config
>
> however the cupsys's lpr command does not work either (cupsys-bsd
> package):
> /usr/bin/lpr -P Mita-FS-1020D -o PageSize=A4,Duplex=DuplexTumble output.ps
> /usr/bin/lpr -P Mita-FS-1020D -o PageSize=A4,Duplex=DuplexNoTumble output.ps
>
> My printer prints exactly the same with the above two commands.
>
> So acrobat reader cant print it either. Its really disappointing.
> I cant print from linux.:-((
>
> Can anybody help me?

Hi Khiraly

Yeah, issues exist, they are partially related to
libgnomeprint/libgnomeprintui, partially to gnome-cups. Some troubles
are evince problem. If the bug is reproducable with all gnome apps, file
it against libgnomeprint, otherwise file evince bug. But first check if
there is existing one, there are some bugs related to printing in
evince.