Font / display problem

Hi there,

My name is Jean and I have been using evince of and on reading pdf and other documents. Thanks for the good work you have done so far.

Recently I downloaded a PDF from http://www.diyplanner.com/files/diyplanner2a_methods_a5.pdf and viewed it under evince.  When viewing the file in evince more than half of the text is either squares with croses through them or they do not appear at all.  The diagrams look fine but the tables and headings has display problems.  The same document looks fine under acrobat reader (7) and xpdf.  This is not the first document that display this behaviour althoug most others works fine.  (Some internal documents that was created from Word does it as well)

I am running Fedora Core 4 with the following version of software:
evince-0.4.0-1.2
poppler-0.4.1-1.1.fc4.nr
xpdf-3.01-0.FC4.1
pango-1.8.2-1.1.fc4.nr
gtk2-2.6.9-1.1.fc4.nr
glib2-2.6.6-1.1.fc4.nr
libgnomecanvas-2.10.0-1
libgnomeprint22-2.10.3-1
libgnomeprintui22-2.10.1-1
(the .nr comes from the Nyquist repository (http://www.nrpms.net/))

I hope this help and that it was not caused by the version of gtk/glib etc.

Please let me know if you need any more information (or screenshots).

Thank you for your time.  Please keep up the good work.

Regards
Jean

Sign-up for Ads Free at Mail.com
http://promo.mail.com/adsfreejump.htm