Re: Evince has become my default PDF reader

В Втр, 21/06/2005 в 01:25 +0800, Jeremy Tan пишет:
> Hi,
>
> I was playing around with Fedora Core 4 and stumbled upon Evince. I read
> about it on Planet GNOME sometime ago and tried compiling it on my then
> Slackware installation with Dropline. IIRC, there was a cairo dependency
> for either poppler or Evince but I can't remember which one needed it. I
> was busy at that time and so I did not bother to compile cairo. Since I
> had some spare time last night, I ported the FC4 rpms to Suse 9.3 and it
> works. I opened the gentoo handbook with Evince and it was really fast.
> Generating previews of the document (93 pages) and the rendering of each
> page on screen seemed almost instantaneous. Thanks a lot, evince and
> poppler developers!
>
> The reason why I am posting to this email mailing list is that I saw on
> the screenshots page at the Evince website that I could contribute
> screenshots. I have a screenshot of evince with a chinese pdf open and
> thought that it might be worthwhile to have a screenshot of evince
> showing chinese pdfs on the website. If any of the developers are
> willing to put up the screenshot on the evince site, I would be happy to
> email the screenshot.
>
> Lastly, if anyone is interested in the rpms for Suse 9.3 do let me know.
> Also, is anyone on the list willing to provide some webspace to host the
> files? :)

Hi Jeremy

We are planning to develop our wiki http://live.gnome.org/Evince , so
screenshots would be also welcome. But there are a number of ways to
contribute, as you can see on first wiki page :) Of course, some
screenshot would be welcome.

About rpm, please look at http://live.gnome.org/Evince_2fDownloads We
have no Suse rpm yet, so it would be nice to add link to default suse
repository with evince rpm there.

Thanks for very pleasant mail and for using evince :)