Re: request for feature: sliding window multi-page mode

В Птн, 03/06/2005 в 10:18 -0400, Diab Jerius пишет:
> Folks,
>
> evince looks very promising. There's one feature that would, in my
> opinion, put it head and shoulders above other readers, which is to have
> a multi-page mode which doesn't "flip" the pages.
>
> For want of a better explanation, here are some crude illustrations.
>
> Here's the current dual page mode, which acts like you're flipping
> pages in a book:
>
> 	1 2
> 	3 4
> 	5 6
>

> The problem with this, is that if something on page 4 references page 5,
> I have to flip to the [5 6] view, and lose my spot on page 4.  I
> typically read technical papers which refer to figures and tables on
> neighboring pages, and this gets very annoying.
>
> An alternative way of displaying dual (or more) pages is to implement a
> horizontal window of a given number of pages, and scroll the pages
> through that window.
>
> 	[1 2] 3 4 5
> 	1 [2 3] 4 5
> 	1 2 [3 4] 5
>
> This allows one to move forwards or backwards without losing context.
>
> Being able to specify the number of pages in the window would be useful
> as well, for those of us with the deep pockets who have very wide
> displays.
>
> Thanks!
> Diab

Hi, your suggestion is a bit strange I think, at least I haven't seen
such layout in other document reader. Do you have any examples of such
application or any other objections that such layout will be more useful
than current. If you have something, it would be very nice to fill
request in bugzilla.gnome.org on evince.

Thanks for trying evince.