Re: automatic presentation mode

Le jeudi 14 juillet 2005 à 00:20 -0400, Jonathan Blandford a écrit :
> After talking with Bryan today, we came up with the following proposal:
>
>  * We should merge the separate 'Presentation' and 'Fulcrum' modes.
>    'Presentation' mode is just fullscreen without dual or continuous
>    set.  This kills a menu-option, and (more importantly), a series of
>    code-paths in ev-view.c.

I agree. I think that these 2 modes are actually redundant.

>  * PDFs can set hints indicating that they want to start in
>    single/non-continuous mode.  I would imagine that most applications
>    creating presentations will set this, which means that it will 'just
>    work' for most presentations.  Additionally, we can key off the
>    transitions dictionary for more hints.

It's the first time i hear about pdf presentation infos but i am not
very familiar with presentation in this format.  Anyway, it would be
good to have a way to switch between file's presentation settings and
manual settings.

>  * Keep the popup toolbar in fullscreen mode.  In single/non-continuous
>    mode, we can add a play button (a la totem) to the toolbar.  We can
>    add a speed slider too if need be.  That would get rid of the speed
>    option, and put these controls in a place where it's most useful for
>    the user.

I totally agree. It's also like that i have view this feature.

> Does this make sense to people?  Guillaume, does this sound like
> something that you're interested in working on?

I would be happy to work on the presentation mode but the merging of
'Presentation' and 'Fullscreen' mode seems too complicated for me. :)

	G.

--
Guillaume Desmottes <cass skynet be>
Jabber <cassidy jabber belnet be>