Re: Password dialogs

> > There's one weird case that I'm not handling now.  If you open a
> > document with a password, and then cancel the dialog, we just sit there
> > with a 'blank' window, and with no way to get the password dialog back.
> > Bryan Clark proposed placing a message in the blank page, letting them
> > know that the document is encrypted, and including a button to bring the
> > password dialog back up.
>
> In an effort to make Jonathan's life more difficult I came up with
> something like this for the cancel situation.
>
> http://www.gnome.org/~clarkbw/designs/document-viewer/locked%20evince.png

Hi,

I have an idea on how to implement it without complicating ev-window too
much. Maybe we should use a generic error widget, there are possibly
other cases when this could be useful.
Basically I think we should assimilate this case to the no document
case, destroying the document (maybe unparent the view or destroy it,
unsure yet) and packing in the error widget instead. I think then it's
enough to check the existence of the view in the _open code, and stuff
should work.
Maybe not super clean but a start ;)

Marco