Re: Adding meta-data to a document

> I was thinking about the same last night :) There are two-three bugs in
> bugzilla
> related to spatial behaviuor of document.
>
> First of all, I think that such thing should definitely be in GNOME api
> somewhere. Gedit currently has metadata code, so as nautilus. There
> should be some framework about metadata in gnome, not just in evince.
> The only question is what should be done to get such support. In
> general, such framework would be very easy to write, but it is very
> useful.
>
> About API, we need to implement VFS support for various backends. So
> there should be some document handler that xfers data from remote system
> to tmp after creation. It can also support metadata getting.

I think this is more about data provided by the document. User
metadata is an important issue though... I think ideally the nautilus
metadata API should be exposed in some way. This has been for long
time on the nautilus maintaners plans, but it requires substantial
work (current API isnt good enough to be exposed).

Marco