Re: Adding meta-data to a document

В Срд, 13/04/2005 в 01:31 -0400, Jonathan Blandford пишет:
> We need a way to pass back meta-information from the document.  We need
> this both for the properties dialog, as well as for setting up the
> document initially.
>
> I wrote a quick proposed header to handle this, and will implement it
> for the pdf backend at some point.  None of these fields are mandatory,
> and even most PDFs won't support them all.  It will let us do cool
> things like go into full-screen mode immediately with presentations.  I
> got most of these fields from the PDF spec.  If any of the other formats
> support anything interesting, we should add them as well.
>
> Suggestions?
> -Jonathan
> _________

I was thinking about the same last night :) There are two-three bugs in
bugzilla
related to spatial behaviuor of document.

First of all, I think that such thing should definitely be in GNOME api
somewhere. Gedit currently has metadata code, so as nautilus. There
should be some framework about metadata in gnome, not just in evince.
The only question is what should be done to get such support. In
general, such framework would be very easy to write, but it is very
useful.

About API, we need to implement VFS support for various backends. So
there should be some document handler that xfers data from remote system
to tmp after creation. It can also support metadata getting.