Mouse gestures

Hi,

Jan-Michael added experimental support for Opera-style mouse gestures using the middle mouse button in Epiphany 3.31.4. You can enable it using /org/gnome/epiphany/web enable-mouse-gestures in dconf-editor. See https://gitlab.gnome.org/GNOME/epiphany/merge_requests/113 for details.

I had been hoping it would use the right mouse button, to copy Opera and potentially avoid the need to add extra settings like "what button should control the gestures?" (and, god forbid, "what particular gestures should be enabled?") by sticking to Opera's defaults. Alas, right mouse button ran into a snag. This works on other platforms where context menus are opened on mouse button release, but GTK+ apps open context menus on button press. So if we want to use right mouse button, we are going to have to switch to opening context menus on button release instead of button press. (Otherwise, a context menu would be opened at the start of every gesture.) It should be possible, but a bit hacky.

I wonder how many people are interested in mouse gestures, and if restricting them to middle mouse button would be OK? Middle button seems totally fine once you get used to it, but I fear diverging from expected behavior in other browsers.

Michael