How does epiphany read its configuration?

Hi,

        I am running epiphany inside an LXC container to which I connect via
ssh with X11 forwarding. In my .bash_profile I have "pkill -9 systemd" that of
course immediately closes the session and no connections to dconf via dbus are
possible. I can check this by quering dconf settings via dconf or gsettings.
        Before setting up .bash_profile, I configured epiphany, and now when I
start it, the correct settings are loaded, even though the browser complains
that it can't connect to dconf. I thought settings are also stored in
~/.config or similar $XDG dirs, so I kept ~/.config/dconf/user and removed
~/{.config,.local/share,.cache}/{epiphany,webkitgtk}. However, correct settings
are still loaded on epiphany startup.
        But how is that possible? Does it access dconf DB directly without dbus?

Thanks,
L.

--
Leonid Isaev