Re: Web 3.28.1 No Video

On Fri, 25 May 2018 at 08:43, Adam Hunt wrote:
I am running Web 3.28.1 on Lubuntu 18.04 LTS, installed from the distro
repositories. I do not have Adobe Flash installed (non-free software) and
instead rely on HTML5 video. This works fine in other browsers such as
Firefox, Chromium, etc, but Web 3,28.1 will not play video, such as
YouTube, Vimeo, etc. When attempting to play video the audio plays fine,
but the video image is missing.

In past versions of Lubuntu, the installation of video codecs from the
ubuntu-restricted-addons
<https://launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/ubuntu-restricted-addons> resolved
video issues and allowed earlier versions of Web to play videos, but that
package now contains only chromium-codecs-ffmpeg-extra,
gstreamer1.0-fluendo-mp3, gstreamer1.0-libav, gstreamer1.0-plugins-ugly and
gstreamer1.0-vaapi and testing seems to indicate that this does not allow
videos to be played on Web 3.28.1.

Uninstall gstreamer10.0-vaapi or upgrade it to its latest release 1.14.1

vmjl

A reply on the Ubuntu Forums
https://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=2392660 suggested:

sudo apt -y install libdvdcss2 ffmpeg