Whatsapp Web tries to download its files through Chrome

Hi,

I am trying to use Whatsapp Web as a web app on Epiphany, and overall it works as expected. However, when I try to download a file "attached" to a message, Epiphany tries to open a "blob:https://web.whatsapp.com/..." URL on Chrome, which -- obviously -- fails. Even stranger is the fact that this only seems to happen on Fedora 29: I also use Ubuntu 18.04, and there Epiphany handles the downloads justĀ fine.

Any clues on what couldĀ be the problem?

Regards,
Andre