Re: "pinned" tabs alternative?

On Fri, 2018-08-17 at 11:10 +0200, Adrian Perez de Castro wrote:
You can use “Install site as Web application…” from the window menu.
This will create an application launcher for, which will show in the
GNOME Shell overview (and in other applications menus as well) and
will launch Epiphany in Web application mode for that site. I you
want to check or delete sites which have been saved as Web
applications, you can browse “about:applications” in a normal
Epiphany window.

As an user, I find this nicer than pinned tabs, because I like having
a separate entry in the application switcher with its own icon for
Web apps (for example when using “Alt-Tab” to navigate windows), the
desktop notifications will show with their own title and icon
(instead of Epiphany's), and my main Epiphany window is left for just
browsing.

In how far does it isolate the web applications from each other, and
from the regular browser?  (I mean things like history, access to
cookies etc.)

Also, it seems like there is a bug where if you create and then remove
a web application, and then create one with the same name but a
different URL (because you want an alternative start URL), it will
somehow re-use the "deleted"(?) one (with the old URL) instead of
creating a new one.

--
Jan Claeys