Re: DRM / EME plans for gnome-web/epiphany?

        Hi,

O Sáb, 21-04-2018 ás 22:32 +0200, plusfabi gmail com escribiu:
But for real - I know thats a topic everyone hates, because of the
legal aspect, the barrier with opensource licenses and stuff like
this.
It would be still great for the normal user to have it available.
Maybe
via the firefox way of asking the user when it is needed.

The answer is yes, we do have plans, though they are long term plans
and involve a long roadmap:

* Cleaning downstream WebKit code (there is already code for that but
it would need cleaning).
* Properly upstreaming of OpenCDM with something that could need to be
used by upstream WebKit and upstreaming the WebKit bits.
* Think of how to include the binaries and properly licensing of
Widevine and PlayReady code.
* MSE would need love too as EME is used in almost every place used in
combination with it.
* Lots of bugfixing.

For all this, we still need to find the time and effort.

Best regards.