Re: Roadmap review

On Sat, 2017-02-04 at 10:55 +0100, Gianvito Cavasoli wrote:
Hi,
I can suggest to add a button in the headerbar (or menu, or keyboard
shortcut) to temporarily disable the Adblock feature? Some websites
for
work (like uploaded.net) require disabling it.
Thanks.

Hi,

I think the header bar would be too intrusive for this, but we
certainly want the feature somewhere. I think we should actually expose
it in two different places:

 * Adblock preferences dialog, allowing users to subscribe to arbitrary
ABP filters and whitelist websites, something that's currently not
possible. This would be exposed somewhere in the preferences dialog.

 * Website permissions dialog. We are currently storing permissions
like notifications permission, geolocation permission,
webcam/microphone permission, etc. without any UI for forgetting
permissions. We should add UI for this, and permission to show ads or
run JavaScript could be treated as additional permissions. Maybe we
could use our existing security popover for this, like Chrome does.

Michael