Reverting of header bar behavior to traditional location bar behavior

As I understand it, the plan to revert the location bar back to the
traditional text field behavior is meant primarily to address
discoverability issues. I'd like to offer two or three observations:

1) Discoverability is only an issue at first. As soon as the ability to
ctrl+l or click on the entire location bar area becomes apparent, it is
not something that is forgotten or cumbersome.

Regarding the reasons for discoverability issues:

2) The tiny arrow in the header bar draws attention and makes people
think they need to click that arrow as a tiny target. Removing the
arrow altogether will remove the confusion here.

3) Safari on macOS makes the ability to interact with the location bar
obvious because it is set against a different background, whereas
Epiphany/Web's interactability is unclear because the text is set on
the window chrome and looks just like a window title.

Rather than revert to the traditional location bar, if the arrow were
removed (point 2) and the background changed (point 3), it seems the
discoverability issue would be solved, and the modern GNOME look would
be preserved.