Re: Disable Open On New Tabs Feature

Hi Michael,

Thank you very much for the prompt response. FYI, recently I installed midori webbrowser they are offering many features that Raspberry Pi developers may needed.

For fullscreen you can issue;
==================
midori -e Fullscreen http://www.foo.bar

For the same tab;
===========
You can go into midori->preferences and choose open in same tab. In that sense it opens only one tab and same tab is refreshed with the new url.

If possible I would like to suggest to implement similar features like in midori webbrowser. I hope these features and extensions may need to incorporate with epiphany in order to extend support for the browser based s/w developers.

Regards,

On Mon, Apr 6, 2015 at 7:21 PM, Michael Catanzaro <mcatanzaro igalia com> wrote:
On Mon, 2015-04-06 at 11:26 +0530, rasika perera wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I am using epiphany webbrowser in my Raspberry Pi project. According
> to the requirement I need to open a link on the same tab using
> python webbrowser module. But each time i get a new tab.
>
> import webbrowser
> import time
> b = webbroser.get('epiphany')
> b.open(' http://www.google.com',new=0)
> time.sleep(5)
> b.open(' https://stackoverflow.com',new=0)
>
> Any way to resolve this? I need to open urls on the same tab. AFAIU
> Python module cannot change the default behaviour of the webbrowser.
> Is there any way I can disable open on new tabs on epiphany browser?

Hi,

There is currently no way to get the behavior you want from the
command line, sorry. You can open a URL in a new window or in a new
tab, but not in an existing tab.

I'd be surprised if that's possible with most browsers, TBH. How would
the browser know which window and tab to replace?

Michael

--

With Regards,
Govinnage Rasika Perera,

View Rasika Perera Govinnage's profile on LinkedIn
NOTICE: Confidential Notice: This email is confidential and this communication and any files transmitted with it are intended for the named addressee only. The communication may contain private and confidential material that may also be legally privileged information. If you receive this communication by error please advise G. Rasika Perera by email to info rasika gmail com and then delete the communication.
☺ Consider the Environment before printing this email.