Re: Enabling multiprocess mode by default for 3.12

On Tue, Mar 04, 2014 at 01:15:55PM +0100, Carlos Garcia Campos wrote:
Epiphany has support for multiprocess since version 3.11.4, but it's
currently disabled by default and "hidden" in the dconf settings.

Since WebKitGTK+ 2.3.91 there isn't any major regression when running in
multi-process mode, I've been using it by default since we implemented
it and it works quite well in general.

The main problem is probably the memory consumption, as the only process
model supported for now is one process per tab, but other than that the
advantages are really worth it IMO.

So what do you think about enabling one process per tab by default for
3.12?

I've been experiencing both the web and UI process getting stuck in an
endless loop related to the worker queue. We need to figure out what's
going on there. Other than that I see no reason why not to enable it
by default.

Claudio

--
Carlos Garcia Campos