GSoC Proposal: Add Firefox Sync support to Epiphany

Hello,

I'm a CS student from Germany and I'm interested in implementing Firefox
Sync support for Epiphany. Before actually writing a proposal, I want to
make sure somebody is interested in mentoring me.

Adding Firefox Sync would, for example, allow the following scenarios.

* Sync between Epiphany and Firefox on Android
* Sync between multiple Epiphany instances on different computers
* Sync between Firefox and Epiphany on the same computer (easy
importing, for users who switch from Firefox to Epiphany)

Firefox Sync encrypts the data on your local machine before sending it
to the server, which means the server is not able to see the synced
content. And since Epiphany is very privacy-oriented (for example by
using DuckDuckGo as the default search provider), Firefox Sync would be
a perfect addition to Epiphany. It also allows users to set up their own
sync servers, so users don't have to rely on Mozilla's servers.

I have previous programming experience in multiple languages (including
C), network programming with sockets, etc. My latest project was
building an Android multiplayer game (was an university project) in a
team of four people. I have also already done some research on Firefox
Sync and how to implement it.

Is there somebody interested in being my mentor in GSoC 2014? If you
have any questions, feel free to ask.

Thanks,

Daniel Renninghoff