Re: set a startpage for epiphany browser

Hi W. Krelekamp.

Systeembeheer schreef op di 18-02-2014 om 10:55 [+0000]:
I want to set a start(home)page for Epiphany (Web). I use version
3.4.2-2.1 under Debian. This is the ony browser that displays my
webapplication on Linux properly with scrollbars. The app is written
for IE specifically. I cannot find an option to set this. Or is it
possible to start it with an addres of a webpage so my users do not
have to enter the address in the browser.

Epiphany 3.4 is quite old, but I think you can probably use the 'save as
web application' functionality, which creates a custom launcher with the
URL of your webapp and doesn't show browser buttons, just your app.

You can also locate your epiphany.desktop file, make a copy of it in
$HOME/.local/share/applications and edit the Exec line to launch
epiphany with the right URL parameter (use -p for private mode, a
session that doesn't store history or cookies).

regards,

--
Reinout van Schouwen