Wild ideas about web apps behaviour

Hey,

Not sure if this is the best forum for this discussion, but thought I'd
do some sanity checking of what I'm thinking here.

I use the Amazon AWS and I've made it into a web app. It works mostly
fine when I'm on the console, but it has a tendency of trying to open
some things in a new window (such as the account activity report and
such), which causes those to be open in a regular Ephy window.

This is almost never what I want. So this is what I've been pondering:
what if we ask the user when the link will open a new window whether
that link should be considered a piece of the application? Those could
be opened in a separate tab inside the same app window, maybe (and the
equivalent in the new design, I guess), or even in the same webview.

I think we should consider allowing some kind of multiple web-views (as
"tabs" or windows) in an app window, in any case, because it makes sense
to have, say, multiple google docs documents open at the same time, but
I think that's for another thread, opening those links in the same
webview would already help a great deal.

Opinions?

Cheers,

--
Gustavo Noronha Silva <gns gnome org>