About data sync

Hi,

I'm GSoC2012 student Calvin. I'm not very clear about the motivation
for syncing session state and cookies. What function or capability can
we expect by using another machine's session state and cookie data?

And to support for data storage selection, perhaps we should let users
select a server or fill in server address when they register or login
for the sync service. Each user's account and data will just reside in
"one" of the storage severs (including Firefox's servers, UbuntuOne's
and ours (if set up finally)). Additionally, considering supporting
syncing between Epiphany and Firefox, finally all the servers will
compose a "server group" which as a whole serves Firefox and Epiphany.
Am I right?

Best regards,
Calvin