Re: Future of Epiphany

On Mon, Mar 12, 2012 at 4:54 AM, Albert Wagner <albertwagner cox net> wrote:
> While reading about a bug in Epiphany 3.0.4 installed in Xubuntu 11.10,
> I received the distinct impression that Epiphany is being tailored to
> require the gnome shell.  I have no intention of running the gnome
> shell, though I have no problem with gnome 3 apps.  Should I abandon
> Epiphany?

Epiphany will be (or is) the core GNOME 3 Web application. That means
we won't really base its design around its usage outside of GNOME, but
it will probably be usable anyway in XFCE, KDE or what have you.
Already in 3.2 you won't have the global menu unless you are using the
Shell, but there's a fallback menubar provided by GTK+ for that
circumstance. Whether this is good enough for you or not I think it's
up to you to decide, but the fact that we'll target GNOME as our
primary environment is no secret.

Xan