Re: Compiling Extension code

Thank you, and sorry for this late reply.

The extension that we're working on is for class, and it's due soon. Because of that, we don't have the flexibility to work on Epiphany directly. We were able to get it to compile, but we're having other issues.

We're using the Actions extension as a template for our project, so we wouldn't have to start from scratch. Our project is to have a dialog box that displays certain information from the HTML from the current web page that the user is on. It's also a requirement that the extension be run by pressing a keystroke, instead of just from the extensions menu.

So our questions at the moment are:
-How would you make it so the extension will run with a keystroke?
-How do we get text to be displayed in a textbox? (We tried to follow the code, but could not figure out where it happened, and lack of comments didn't help)
-Where would button listeners (or equivalent) be implemented?

If someone can answer any or all of these questions, it would be appreciated.

Thank you,
Brian Bartholomew

2012/11/26 Diego Escalante Urrelo <diegoe igalia com>
El mar, 20-11-2012 a las 15:36 -0500, Brian Bartholomew escribió:

> We started out simply, and just tried to make a simple change to an
> extension that already exists. We ran the Configure.ac file after
> making some changes to the code, and it didn't seem to do anything. We
> can't find documentation on how to do this, so any direction would be
> appreciated.

Truth be told the procedure is a bit obscure. But, anyway, it would be
much easier if you could share a copy of your working code on github or
gitorious websites.

That way we can comment on the changes and guide you more effectively.

May I ask what are you specifically implementing? Maybe you could work
directly on Epiphany!

Diego