Re: Preferred build environment? Development branch?

On 03/29/2012 08:10 PM, William Ting wrote:
What is the preferred build environment for epiphany? JHBuild or from source?

I think that's really up to you, and what's easiest will depend on what operating system version you're running. If you run a leading-edge distro such as Fedora 17 (currently in alpha) or Ubuntu 12.04 (currently in beta), all the dependencies you need will be there already - you can simply pull the Epiphany sources and build. If your operating system is one release older (e.g. Fedora 16 or Ubuntu 11.10), you'll probably need to build WebKit and possibly other libraries as well. I personally find it much easier to run a new-ish operating system, where almost all dependencies are built for me, than to wrestle with jhbuild.

adam