Slow version 2.30.6 on fresh Debian Squeeze

Hi Epiphany team,

I hope I'm not breaking any etiquette if I start my membership to this
list by asking for help with a configuration problem. Unfortunately I
wasn't even able to find any information on similar cases on the web so
far.

I love Epiphany and used to have it as default web browser in Lenny.
Yesterday I erased my disk, encrypted it with dm-crypt and made a
completely new installation of Debian Squeeze (stable kernel 2.6.32-5-686,
main sources only) on my Acer Extensa 5220 Notebook. Basically it worked
pretty well, but since then I have this strange problem with incredibly
slow loading web pages in Epiphany - even if they are simple (script
free), validated XHTML 1.0 strict files.

The loading of local html files on my hard disk is perfectly fine. My
testing so far indicates, that it could have something to do with the DNS
resolution because loading of additional subpages on the same domain
(after the painfully long loading of the first page of a domain) works as
fast as usual.

Neither in the official Epiphany documentation, nor somewhere else I could
find any reference on setup options regarding ipv6 in Epiphany 2.30.6.

I can faintly remember of being able to solve the problem when Debian
Lenny was new two years ago with turning off ipv6 using "about:config" in
the address bar. But then Epiphany used the Gecko engine and now with the
WebKit engine I have no clue how to approach the issue.

Therefore I tried to disable the ipv6 system wide using the following guide:

But unfortunately this didn't change a thing.

Chromium works fine out of the box and with Iceweacel I used the
"about:config"-solution painlessly.

Does anyone have any suggestions what I can do to fix this problem?

Best,
Onsemeliot