Re: Epiiphany extensions licenses

Diego Escalante Urrelo wrote:
> Hey
>
> On Mon, Apr 11, 2011 at 5:25 AM, Ivaylo Valkov <ivaylo e-valkov org> wrote:
> >
> > I am planing to release the extension under the terms of the GNU GPLv3
> > (or later). I am not obligated to use the GPLv2 (or later), because that
> > is the exact license notice of Epiphany, right?
> >

> As I understand it, you are using Epiphany "as a library" when you
> create an extension. Which would make GPLv2 "propagate" to your
> extension. But I am anything but a lawyer :P

Me neither. Here is how I understand it. I must use the GPL, because I
link the extension with Epiphany at run-time, or as you say, use it "as
a library". All source files in Epiphany have a license header notice
"either version 2, or (at your option) any later version". This means I
can use it under the terms of the GPLv3. If the notice is GPLv2 only, I
am not allowed to use the GPLv3.