Re: Any way to get with the keyboard the "Search the web" field?

On Thu, 2009-04-30 at 13:30 +0200, Josselin Mouette wrote:
> Le mercredi 29 avril 2009 à 14:35 +0300, Xan Lopez a écrit :
> > I'm not totally sure yet, but it seems more likely than not that we'll
> > switch to Seed and drop Python for extensions. Not sure it will happen
> > in this cycle though.
>
> I think I’m going to miss Python.
>
> Will Seed allow to access to the DOM tree, or will it have the same
> restrictions as the Python extensions have?

For now, it won't be able to access the DOM tree, but that's currently a
limitation of WebKitGTK+. I was hoping we would have some way of at
least using the javascript objects through seed by sharing the global
context with the one in the WebView, but it seems to be harder than we
first thought.

We can probably think of a way of making that available through some
clever use of JavaScriptCore's C API, though. Notice that me and Xan are
going to try and push DOM access API for this cycle still, though.

See you,

--
Gustavo Noronha <gns gnome org>
GNOME contributor