Re: Font problems in epiphany (webkit-gtk backend)

On Thu, May 7, 2009 at 3:58 PM, cee1 <fykcee1 gmail com> wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I've tried epiphany (2.27.2, webkit-gtk backend, checkout from
> git.gnome.org). It seems this epiphany can't display chinese font. (see the
> attachment "firefox_vs_epiphany.jpg")
>
> I'm using webkitgtk-1.1.6 (gentoo linux, gnome overlay).
> Any ideas?

If you are using the Pango font backend, this is a known issue. That's
why it's not the default, among other things, and why the wiki page
tells people to not use it: http://live.gnome.org/WebKitGtk.

If you are using the freetype backend, please file a bug.

Xan