Re: Where to put userChrome.css? (Debian Lenny)

2009/4/29 Mike B. <mb78aa yahoo com>:
> Using Epiphany 2.22.3 which came with Debian Lenny (the now stable version).
> I'm trying to add a userChrome.css file to customize the menu fonts but it
> seems Epiphany ignores the file. Searching the web it seems the file should
> be at
> /home/mike/.gnome2/epiphany/mozilla/epiphany/chrome
> (mike is the user name).
> but placing the userChrome.css there made no difference.

I don't know if a userChrome.css file will have any effect at all in
Epiphany, but it certainly won't affect the main menus or any other
parts of the main user interface. In Mozilla, this file controls the
appearance of user interface elements generated through XUL, which
includes all the UI of Firefox and other Mozilla applications. But
Epiphany doesn't use XUL apart from a few places where the Mozilla UI
shows through, like about:config.

To change the appearance of the main Epiphany UI you can use the GNOME
appearance preferences applet (System -> Preferences -> Appearance) or
edit your gtkrc file, but I don't know if it's possible to target
Epiphany if you want it to use different settings from other GNOME/GTK
applications.

Andy