Re: "Save as" tilde error

On Wed, Mar 4, 2009 at 12:12 AM, Gerall Kahla <ops gerallkahla com> wrote:
On Wed, 2009-02-25 at 18:11 +0900, rob miller wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Every so often in gconf the key "/apps/epiphany/directories/save" has
> a value something like:  "~Documents"  so when i try saving a file or
> image the file dialog will complain that the location is invalid.

The tilde-abbreviation is a shell expansion trick; it is usable in
scripts and with the POSIX libs, but it does not include the final
slash...

What happens if you set the downloads folder to "~/Temp" instead of
"~Temp"?

I've got my gconf keys in front of me, and everything refers to
something under my $HOME, but it also manually has the slash in there.

Good luck; let us know how things turn out!

--
Gerall Kahla / http://gkahla.net/blog/