Idea for Syncing Epiphany Bookmarks

Hi,

I'm a long time user of Epiphany and think its great.

I recently had this idea and tried asking in ubuntuforums.org but no-one
seems to know the solution to it. So I thought why not share my idea
with you and see what you think.

I've been wanting to sync my bookmarks with multiple computers for a
while but with no luck. I know theres a plugin called epilicious or
something but that didnt work too well for me.

Then I had an epiphany (pun intended), why not copy the bookmark file to
an external network drive  and then create symbolic links and put those
in the original place of the bookmark files (.gnome2/epiphany/). I gave
it a shot and when i turned on my laptop, opened up epiphany VOILA, I
had all of my desktop's bookmarks in my epiphany. Brilliant!

Unfortunately this is where I discovered a problem. When I close
epiphany it seemed to overwrite the symbolic link and create its own
bookmark file. I thought it would follow the link to the externally
stored bookmark file and write the date there, but I guess not. With the
link broken, the external bookmark file doesnt get updated and so the
desktop didnt get new bookmarks added by my laptop.

I was wondering if you guys knew a solution I could use to overcome
this?

I actually use "dropbox" to store the bookmark file, so if I got it to
work, I could be anywhere in the world and my desktop and laptop would
sync up (as long as I had an internet connection).

Anyway, would love to hear your thoughts if this interests you. I
personally think its a brilliant idea and would be so incredibly useful
if it worked.

Thanks in advance,

Edward (Epiphany Fan)

PS: Incase you've never heard of dropbox heres their video explaining
it:
http://www.getdropbox.com/screencast#screencast

If you dont have an account and want to sign up, use my referal link. It
will get both of us a little extra storage space.
https://www.getdropbox.com/referrals/NTk1Njg2Mzk