Re: Spoofing UA string

Hi;

Le mardi 24 juin 2008 à 12:34 -0400, Hex1a4 a écrit :
> Is there a way, and if so how, to spoof the user agent string for a
> given site?  Sometimes sites have those stupid browser checks and I
> can't access their content using Epiphany.  When I visit the site using
> Firefox (one of the browsers checked for) the site works just fine, so
> I know Epiphany will also work, if I can only get through that darn
> browser check.

Are you using debian's epiphany package? If so, this problem exists
because the debian maintainers have, in their infinite wisdom, chosen to
override the epiphany developers and have removed the "Firefox/x.y" part
from the epiphany UA string.
You check that epiphany's UA includes the "Firefox/x.y" part by loading
the about: URL; and you can add parts to it by creating
"general.useragent.extra.XXXXX" preferences in about:config.

If a site does check for "Firefox/x.y" specifically instead of just
checking for a gecko-powered browser, it's a site bug; please refer the
site owners to http://geckoisgecko.org/ .

	Christian